My library door this year is featuring some “Wise Reader” owls in an interactive display to remind students of some of the characteristics of good readers.
The owls are saying:
- Wise readers ask for help finding good books
- Wise readers have favorite authors and illustrators
- Wise readers take care of books
- Wise readers wonder and make predictions about the characters in the story
- Wise readers choose books that are just right
- Wise readers find comfortable spots to read
- Wise readers recommend books to their friends
The right-hand door offers students and teachers an opportunity to add their own ideas to the display. I have more owls I can put up if needed.
I chose broad ideas for the display, which gives me a chance for deeper conversations with the students about each one. Are there any characteristics you would add? Please share in the comments so I can add your suggestions to the doors!