Counting down to Christmas with a new holiday book each day!
An imaginative look at how Santa’s skills and life experiences work together to create the perfect man for the North Pole job, this book makes a great read-aloud for all ages.
It’s a great story to reinforce the idea that you never know what may prove useful later in life, and to spark a discussion about how everyone has different strengths and abilities that make them good at different things.
You’ll want to plan some follow-up activities after sharing this story; here are some ideas to get you started:
- A Reader’s Theater script for the book
- A Character and Plot activity for young learners
- Some Sequencing and Cause/Effect activities for elementary learners
- A Substitute Santa Job Application
- Discussion Questions with an Economic Slant for upper elementary learners