WWW – Jumpstart’s Read for the Record

Bookmark and Share

By request I am bringing back the WWW (Weekly Wednesday Website) this year!  This means that each Wednesday I will send out a school-wide email with a recommended website that you might find useful in your classroom.

readfortherecordThis week’s WWW is Jumpstart’s Read for the Record

This site has all the details for the annual Read for the Record event, which “mobilizes millions of children and adults to celebrate literacy by participating in the world’s largest shared reading experience.”  Last year 2,462,860 adults and children participated!

bunny-cakesThis year’s book is BUNNY CAKES (a Max and Ruby book) by Rosemary Wells

Date to Share It with Your Class:  Tues, Oct 21

And here are some additional links to make it easy for you to participate!

we give books Share the book on your Interactive Whiteboard!  We Give Books offers free online books, including all the previous Read for the Record books.  (Remember Otis last year, and Ladybug Girl the year before that?)  Create an account (if you don’t already have one), log in, and search for Bunny Cakes.

bunny cakes reading guideBunny Cakes Reading Guide – provided by Jumpstart to help you get the most out of your reading experience

Rosemary WellsBiographical Information (including a brief video) for Rosemary Wells (the author/illustrator)

Win a copy of BUNNY CAKES for your classroom library!  I will be giving away a paperback copy of Bunny Cakes to one lucky blog reader!  When you register your class online for Read for the Record, you will receive a welcome email from Jumpstart.  Leave a comment before 2:00 EST on Wed, Oct 15, letting me know you’ve registered your class and I’ll enter your name in the drawing.  (I’ll announce the winner here at 2:30 on Oct 15 and ask for your contact information then.)  Good Luck!