About

Bookmark and Share

About Me
I’m Lori June, a life-long lover of books and reading, and a veteran school librarian!  I graduated from Francis Marion University in 1987 with a B.S. in Elementary Education, and I completed my Masters of Library and Information Science degree at the University of South Carolina in 1989.

This is my first year as the Library Media Specialist at Vance Providence Elementary School in Vance, SC.  I just moved to the area over the summer, so this is a year of big changes for me!

I’ve been a member of the South Carolina Association of School Librarians since 1985.  I’ve presented at our annual state conference three times, and I served a term as Secretary during the 2012-13 school year. I’ve also presented at the South Carolina International Reading Association conference.

In 2008 I discovered that I’m passionate about the integration of technology into the curriculum!   I’ve made it a priority ever since to stay abreast of new research and developments in the area of edtech.  I’m always open to discovering innovative ways to infuse my lessons with relevant technology, and I enjoy working with teachers and inspiring them to do the same.  I’ve attended the annual South Carolina EdTech Conference for the past ten years (I presented in 2016), and I’ve presented at the South Carolina Upstate Technology Conference as well.

You can view my professional portfolio here:

About This Blog
This blog was created back in 2008 when I was participating in a program sponsored by the South Carolina Association of School Librarians called 23 Things which is designed to give participants some practice in using various types of Web 2.0 technology that can be used to enhance teaching and learning.  This blog began as a record of my experiences with that program, but has expanded to allow me to become part of a broader discussion of literacy, technology use, and best practices in libraries and education.

Since I’m the type of person who thinks things through by talking them out, I often use my posts as a way to verbalize my thoughts about what’s going on in my school and my library, and to share my experiences via social media.  Please keep the conversation going by giving me your ideas and opinions through your comments!

Email Me  junel @ obg3.k12.sc.us

Tweet Me @LibraryLoriJune