The South Carolina Center for Children’s Books and Literacy needs your help. They have entered their Reading Express project in the Pepsi Refresh competition in hopes of winning $50,000 in funding. You can help by clicking on this link and voting for The Reading Express. The goals of the program are to:
- Break the cycle of illiteracy through education and outreach
- Give books to approximately 7,000 school children in 35 schools
- Provide literacy kits for 1,200 families
- Educate families about the importance of reading at home
- Empower families by giving them tools to raise life-long readers
You will need to register with the Pepsi site and be sure you sign in before you vote. If you click the “Vote” button and then sign in, your vote will not be counted unless you click “Vote” again. You can vote once a day throughout the month of November.
If The Reading Express is one of the top ten vote-getters, they the children of South Carolina win!